If you were planning to create website/Blog but didn’t have an idea where to begin then I promise you are in right place. I’ve written this free guide to help someone learn how to create Website/Blog in no time. But first let me explain why you should read this article, there are thousands of guide available on the web on ‘How to create website/Blog in no time or something like in less than 20 minutes’ but why this one? Here’s why you’ll like it.
- This is a free Tutorial
- You only need to know one thing before you begin which is How to Surf the Internet.
- You can ask help in the comment section.
- You don’t need to code or Hire a Developer. ( But if you are too lazy to do this by your own you can definitely Hire Me to create website/blog for you )
This article is not too lengthy but still you can get yourself a tea, coffee, Juice or a goat *Why a goat? You don’t need to get a goat*
P.S If you need any kind of help in between you can Contact Me I promise I’ll try my best to solve your problem.
STEPS TO CREATE WEBSITE/BLOG
1. Get a Domain Name
Getting a Domain Name for your website/blog is easy and will not take more than 5-10 Minutes. If you are absolute beginner then ‘What the heck is domain name’ must be your question. Technically Domain names are used to identify one or more IP addresses. Let us take an example ‘shantanupatil.in’ is a domain name, ‘facebook.com’, ‘twitter.com’, ‘google.com’ all are valid examples of domain name. To make it more clear I have an example. How people will remember your site? Obviously by its name, What it’s name? and this is what a domain name is. 🙂 You may say ‘Ok dude, I got it but where should I buy? There are about thousands of Domain Registrars available’ Don’t worry just read this article ‘Top 10 Domain Name Registrars 2017‘ I am sure this will help you.
How to buy a domain name?
There are many domain name registrars but I will use Godaddy in this article because I personally use it.
1. Search on Google “Godaddy”
2. Search Domain Name you want to buy and Click on search > Add to cart > Continue to cart
3. Scroll down and Click Continue with these options.
4. Click on Proceed to Check out and then Create New Account and Complete the Payment.
5. Now you have your Domain Name 🙂
Note: You’ve to verify your E-mail account. Just login to your email and check the email sent by godaddy.
2. Choose a Web Hosting
If I ask where do you live? You answer will be ‘in house’ right? So Web Host is the house of your website. Simple! What is a website made of? A bunch of files. These files need to be saved somewhere that is connected so that people can come and access those files. And that ‘somewhere’ is a server. To create a site on internet we must have to store all files of our site on the computer system/server. To stores files on the Internet we have to rent a server so that we can upload files on that servers. And that servers are nothing but Web Host. There are many web hosting providers which provides web hosting at low cost you can refer this article ‘Top 5 Web Hosting Services of 2017‘ I am sure this will help you to get a good Web Host.
How to buy a web host?
This is same as buying a Domain Name. You just have to choose from where you want to buy and then complete the form they provide and all done 🙂 You can buy from anywhere I will use Hostinko in this article.
1. Search Hostinko on Google
2. Choose which type of Hosting you want Shared / VPS / Dedicated
3. I’ve choosed Shared Hosting > Select the Plan > Order Now
4. Now Enter the Domain Name you’ve bought from “Godaddy” and click Continue
5. Choose billing cycle and click Continue
6. Now time to review and Complete your order Fill the Form and Click on Checkout After that Complete the Payment and Congratulation You have your Web Host 🙂
Note: You’ve to verify you E-mail account. Just Login to your email and check the email sent by Hostinko.
3. Setting Name servers
You’ve bought Web Host and Domain Name now how to connect both so that you can store files on Web Host and can see those files using your Domain Name. This can be done by setting the name servers on your Domain Name Registrar account ( In my case I used Godaddy ). Login to your Account and Navigate to setting.
1. Click on Name servers
2. Add Custom name servers
3. Click on Save Button
Note: This usually take 24 to 48 hours. But every time I set the name servers I see my site is working in 2-3 hours 🙂
4. Design your Website/Blog
You got everything you need to create a website/blog i.e a Web Host and a Domain Name. Time to design your website. As I said you don’t need to code to create a website you can use CMS platforms for that, What? CMS? you ask! CMS stands for Content Management System which allow its user to create and manage digital content. There are many Content Management System but around 50% of people uses WordPress so we will use it too. Don’t worry its simple and I will help you to design 🙂
How to install WordPress?
1. Login to your Web Host and open C Panel. Now a days every web hosting company provides “One Click WordPress installation using softaculous apps installer”. I used Hostinko as my Web Hosting Provider in this article so I will Login into Hostinko. The C panel of Hostinko look Like this.
2. Click on WordPress.
3. Click On Install Now and Fill the form
4. After all thing is done just click on install and wait for it. You can visit your WordPress dashboard using yourdomain.com/wp-admin 🙂
If you want my help you can comment down or just Contact me and I promise I will help you out with your problem. If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friend, or sharing it on Twitter or Facebook. Thank you! 🙂